A browser extension that helps users understand applications
A Major German Company Required a Digital Adoption Technique. It is a browser extension that helps users understand applications. This service is generically called digital adoption, and is the foundation for in-context help. In short, this extension is an ever-greening digital guide for users.
PROJECT AT A GLANCE
Our client’s initial idea was to create a Digital Adoption Platform in which their websites offer guided tours to encourage proper use of their digital assets. Our solution, a Chrome extension that works as an Avatar for pathways and workflows. Currently, this type of extension is used by many well known ventures such as McDonalds Gmbh, Allianz, KPMG, BMW GmBH and Volkswagen GmBH.
- Many users face difficulties using complex websites
- Users often require training on systems
- This client uses complicated web-based Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software.
- We were tasked to replace a user manual and training sessions with in-context help, and reduce the need for session support.
- The goal, increase efficiency and reduce overhead.
- We first engaged in proof of concept. We developed a Google Chrome extension. The solution adds helpful information at hotspots indicated by repeated support queries. The goal of replacing support queries with in-context help proved valuable in increased productivity, better time management, and lowering overhead. This Extension solution also helps to create better information flows.
How it works: When the user visits the site, the extension self-identifies and immediately becomes available through clicks.